- Please please check out #LHX2018 (Laurel Highlands Experience) – I’ll be posting more about it later but it’s an upcoming outdoor adventure featuring a group of us that will be adventuring out in western Pennsylvania next spring! We are meeting up to help encourage donations to Gear Forward to help get gear to youth that need it. More to come….
- Loving my transition from CrossFit to Powerlifting. It’s pretty empowering to be my size and hold 1.5x my weight on my back to squat. And I have a lot more weight to build up to but it’s only been 5-6 months of lifting. Never let your size limit you!
- The Hot Crazy Matrix of Women – watch this video, it’s hilarious.
- One of my new favorite snacks is Icon Meals Protein Popcorn. I’ve only tried 2 flavors so far: vanilla peanut butter and banana split. Not a fan of banana split but LOVE the vanilla peanut butter! Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 and try this popcorn!
- Got a lot of vacation days to burn in 2017. Debating on a December trip to Minnesota. Snow, hot chocolate, and bundling up anyone?
- My favorite of these 52 Pieces of Adventure Advice is #38.
- In recovery it’s very important to take care of yourself and keep centered. It’s not that easy but there are definitely choices you make along the way that keep you in check. If you’re starting to fall down there are so many ways to pick yourself up (although it’s ingrained in many addicts to sabotage and let yourself tank). I came across a couple of great articles that I think are important pieces to keep oneself grounded and on the road to joy and happiness. The first is How to Positively Change Your Mindset, which gives examples of how to turn different situations from negative to positive. I try to practice this a lot! Instead of being a complainer and being upset about everything, try to turn it around. I’ve had to do this a lot to transition from hating New York City when I first got here. Another very important piece of recovery (even if you’re not in recovery) is GRATITUDE. If you’re in need of some gratitude in your life, check out this 30-Day Gratitude Challenge.
- Speaking of recovery, this Sunday (11/12) will be 3 years clean for me!
- My parents got their house set up to work with Alexa, Amazon’s virtual assistant. It works with the Echo Device which is eerily like having a robot around the house… If you’re interested in making your house or apartment “smart” this thing is pretty cool. I got into an argument about the latitude of Minnesota versus New York and our argument was quickly settled by asking Alexa.
- Hey all my outdoors people! Didn’t get a winter coat yet or need a new one? One of my favorite sites has an awesome sale right now with up to 30% off top brands or 20% off a full-priced items with code ANNISALE. Free Two Day shipping on Jackets over $99 through 12/3/17. If you haven’t shopped at Moosejaw, you will find they have a great sense of humor and really nice, helpful customer service. Oh, and a solid rewards program!
- Almost mid-November and I’m still enjoying the fall foliage here in New York! Back in Minnesota the leaves are long gone by now.
- Potentially unpopular opinion: I like regular Reese’s better than the ones with tiny Reese’s Pieces inside of them. It’s just overload.
- If you visit me in NYC, my go-to dinner meetup will be to take you out to Korean BBQ.