What’s your reason?
Why do you exercise? Is it so you can eat more and not gain weight? Is it to be healthy and live longer? Is it to be stronger? Is it to enhance your mood and give you more energy? Is it just for fun?
I exercise for most of those reasons. I want to be healthy but I also want to be strong. Just because I’m small doesn’t mean I want to rely on a man to do things for me like carrying or moving heavy things. Having a fitness community has been good for me in a new city and allows me to meet all kinds of people, perhaps even build friendships outside of the gym. Working out makes me feel good, more positive, and more confident.
I need to work on making it look more delicious…. 🙂
Workout this Week
Saturday (8/12) & Sunday – On vacation/traveling …. so rest days.
Monday – Strength with Metcon
- Strength: Back squat day!
- 5 @ 80%
- 3 @ 85%
- 2 @ 90%
- 1 @ 95% x 2
- Metcon :
- 1 mile run
- 35 deadlifts (95lb)
- 35 wall ball (14lb)
- 35 pullups
Tuesday – Strength (bench press)
- I wrote it down and can’t find it…..
Wednesday – Strength with Metcon
- Strength: Front squat day – in lunge form 🙁
- 4×12 @ 88 lbs
- Metcon: 6 rounds: In 1 minute row 100 meters and do burpees for remaining time, 2:30 rest in between
Thursday – Strength
- Strict press: 5×5 @ 53lbs
- Floor press: 3-3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1, add weight each time
Friday – Bars & Bells
- Deadlift: alternating EMOM (every minute on the minute) 8 deadlifts @ 123lbs then KB front rack hold
- Conditioning: Forgot exactly what it was but I remember it was hard!
Best Accomplishment? Went up to 83 lbs on the floor press! I don’t have a benchmark to compare this to but my bench press maximum started at 68 which is a comparable movement/muscle usage.
Food Finds & Eats
Some favorites for the week?
- I’ve been having oatmeal creations a lot. I mix in protein powder, flaxseed, maca powder, and other thing such as trail mix, eggs, nuts, or granola! With 2-3 servings of oatmeal it makes for a large breakfast but the perfect way to get a bunch of carbs early on in the day. And yes I’m always still hungry for lunch! If you ever want to increase your metabolism, lift heavy weights a lot!
- Just got new pre-workout and BCAAs from NutraKey in the mail and I think so far I like it! Thanks to @cocos_gymsta I got a GREAT discount so if you’re interested in trying it, talk to her!
- Tried ips snacks – white popcorn (protein popcorn) and pretty disappointed in the flavor and kind of chalky texture in my mouth. I am willing to try more products but not a fan of that one.
How was your week in fitness?