Do you weightlift? If so, I’m looking for stories from when you started. How much did you increase your max reps? How often did you weightlift? Did you go to a class, trainer, or do it on your own? I’ve read that a lot of progress can be made in the first 3-6 months in terms of increasing weight. I am working on goal-setting and would love to hear from other’s experiences what is reasonable to expect of myself.
IMO, a perfectly balanced lunch! Sweet potato cubes, chicken breast, and veggies.
Saturday (7/29) – Morning SPS and Legs session.
Sunday – Out of town (but lots of mindless walking)
Monday – Strength with Metcon
- Strength: Back squat day! Moved up my %’s based off a higher max.
- Metcon : 50 Box Jump Overs
Then 3 rounds of
15- shoulder to overhead barbell
15- Toe to Bar
Then, another 50 Box Jump Overs
Tuesday – Strength (bench press). Forgot to track.
Wednesday – Strength with Metcon
- Strength: Front squat day. We retested for our 1 rep max. About 2 months ago, mine was 108. During this retest, I hit 123! That means I went 108 –> 123 in less than 2 months!
- Metcon: In teams of 2 complete (partner 1 works while partner 2 rests):
12- Double KB lunges
6- Double KB clean&jerks
Thursday – Strength (strict press). Forgot to track.
Friday – Bars & Bells Class + new personal trainer
- Deadlift: 5×4 @ 133 lbs
- Conditioning: 12-minute circuit of 1 KB swing, 1 KB squat. Then 2 KB swing, 2 KB squat. Etc, etc. Made it up almost through 12.
- Started working with PT so I can make sure I’m doing things in proper form and don’t get injured. Did an intense leg session and still hurt today (Monday).
Best Accomplishment? Front squat 1 rep max big increase!!
Food Finds & Eats
Some favorites for the week?
- Crazy Richard’s Peanut Butter – I received a few samples and have yet to try them all! I will report back when I’ve tried them all so I can give a thorough review. So far just tried this one – made only from peanuts (no added crap)!
- Just bought an exercise/fitness notebook. I want to stop using my “notes” in my iphone and actually write my numbers on paper so I can better track my progress. I bought 2 and am going to decide which one to keep when they get here and I’ll report back on my favorite. Also open to recommendations!!
How was your week in fitness?